Sunday, April 22, 2012

WHINER! Who, me?

I've decided that writing a blog consistently is hard. Does that sound whiny enough? No?  It's haaaaaaarrrrrrd!! There, that felt more like it.  I have felt like I had nothing to say. I guess what's really going on is that I'm not losing weight. This is supposed to be my blog about losing weight. And writing about NOT losing weight is boring (and embarrassing). I mean, how many excuses can I have? I eat too much and don't get enough exercise. Wah!! My feet and knee hurt. Waaah! My mommy and daddy gave me bad genes (sorry, Mom). Wah! Wah!  I've tried to find things that will inspire me - books, other blogs, articles, etc. And they do - until it's time to eat. I am incredibly strong between meals.  I stay on my plan until dinnertime and I put something yummy in my mouth - even if it is "healthy". Too much of healthy is still too much.  As you can see, I'm having a hard time looking at food as fuel.


So instead of any more whining about what I'm doing wrong, I'm going to write about what I am doing right - and try to focus on that this week.
  • I am going to the gym regularly. Yes, right now it is only twice a week, but as soon as pre-school is finito I can go most days. It is also a sad state of affairs that the hardest part of my work out is climbing out of the pool. In front of all the cute little kiddos (and their cute little moms) waiting for swim lessons. But the poor life-guard that helps me out told me the first time, "Just come back, okay?" And I have.
  • I eat a salad most days for lunch. If I don't have one for lunch, I have salad for or with my dinner. I have even gotten to the point that I miss it if I go a couple of days without one. Sometimes I am lazy (no! really?) and don't want to go to the store to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. But I miss those salads of mine. 
  • I rarely eat at night anymore. I know I've whined about this before. I thought it was why I had gained so much, but since cutting it out, I've not lost, so it's not the sole reason. But it is not healthy, so it had to go. 
  • I talk to my boys about eating healthy food. Eating healthily and losing weight has been a topic of conversation around here. Healthy food is emphasized, hopefully, not too much. I don't want to create further problems with food in this family. 
As I've talked about before, I am far from where I need to be but I've got some good things going on here. So I'm going to go on with the going on - that, and try harder each day. That's all we really can do. It will come, I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment