Sunday, March 10, 2013

SHORT & SWEET

It's been a pretty uneventful week - just a bunch of sickies, wiping noses and coughing all over each other. Boy 2 started feeling better, Boy 1 didn't, and my health luck finally ran out.  You know that feeling when the prickles start in the back of your throat, then the burning starts when you swallow,  your head feels fuzzy, and then the nose drips begin. Sometimes, I just roll up little pieces of tissue and stuff them up my nostrils. The boys think it's hilarious. Lobster thinks it's gross and won't let me near him. 

Too much with the personal? Yeah, probably. 

He wasn't home to bug, though, when I was drippy.   He just gets to hear me cough and cough and cough and cough and cough...you know what I mean. I'm coughing. My voice is low and totally sexy, though. Well, as sexy as it can be when my m's and n's sound like b's.

Boy 1 missed most of the week of school. We had lots of good snuggle time in the afternoons. It sure made him tired, being sick. Boy 1 is our boy that has trouble getting to sleep. He actually asked to go to bed one night and it was only 7pm. Lobster was out of town and so the only schedule we had to keep was the Kindergartner's whopping 2-1/2 hours of school. A good friend of mine brought him home for me one day - and dropped off dinner to boot. With orange juice. I love orange juice, but have quit buying it because of all the sugar and calories. Oh, it's good on a sore throat, though. So yummy!

Boy 2 was oh, so tired of sitting around the house with us sicksters all week. By the time the sunny weekend came around he was ready to be OUT! He was such a good helper with some garden clean-up. Much needed clean up. And the sun felt FANTASTIC!

Tonight will be short and sweet. Although I'm feeling much better, I'm pretty beat at the end of the day, too. Feeling sick is good for losing weight - nothing sounds good. Lobster is starting to "train" for his Warrior Dash in September. I think staying on track will be a little easier for the next 6 months. I'm excited about that. It will be good for both of us.

SUNDAY STATS:
WEIGHT GAIN/LOSS: -2.4 lbs.
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: -25.2 lbs.
EXERCISE: Nyet, nada, nope, nothin'
FOOD: sick. :/  Nothing sounded good
TRACKING: 1 and 1/2 days of 7. Womp womp.
HYDRATION: Excellent - lots of water, OJ, Diet Coke  
bubbles + sore throat = so good!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're sick. :( But yeah for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kari! I'm excited that Lobster is so into his diet and exercise right now. It makes things a lot easier!

      Delete