Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's Amazing What You'll Find When You Look

It's amazing what you find when you upload pictures after a long time. Lobster is usually my personal photographer. He takes the photos and then "processes" them and then I do what I need to do - which  usually consists of loading them onto Facebook. He has his whole set-up that requires a whole big bag to go anywhere. Well, I have a little point-and-shoot camera that I use. I'm not what one would really describe as technologically savvy. I know enough to be able to get my email, send attachments, upload photos, etc.  So when I took some pictures of my flavored water experiment, I was really surprised to find a whole lot of photos that I didn't even know about. Apparently, Lobster used my little camera for a car show and our family reunion and promptly forgot about them. I'm going to share a few of my faves.

First of all, let me tell you about making flavored water. As you know, I've been trying (only partially successfully) to give up THE DIET COKE. I thought by making my water have fancy flavors it might help me drink more water. And, it does - but it does NOT make me want to drink less DIET COKE. Anyway, I first tried a blend of cucumber, lime, and mint. It was good, but the lime in the water made it a bit too bitter, so the next batch I mixed up I left out the lime and I'd just add a wedge in my glass and it was perfect! 


In one gallon of water, I washed and added 
  • one cucumber, sliced
  • 10-12 mint leaves, torn or chopped to release oils
Let sit in the fridge over night. Strain, serve over ice and add a wedge of lemon or lime. 
I have to say that it is very refreshing and definitely quenches a thirst!

In July, my family reunion was at Fort Stevens State Park on the northern Oregon coast and I had a lot of fun. Boys 1 & 2 did as well. Although it's a bit blurry (you try to get 2 crazy boys to stand still for a second!), I loved it best of all so I'm sharing it.
Oh, those boys crack me up when they're not ticking me off! Here's another goodie...
I love how Boy 1 is checking himself out. He's ripped! Oh, and isn't the cabin in the background fantastic!?! Loved it!
Here they are at the beach.
Boy 1 is worried about his pants getting wet - in fact, I finally suggested that he just take them off and play in his undies. Boy 2 just didn't care. And yes, it was July and only about 65 at the coast. 

I loved this.

And this...
The boys love fishing with their dad. It doesn't matter that they haven't caught anything yet.

And from the car show,
I think Boy 1 was told to "stand still."

Can you just hear the conversation?
"Oh, looky here."

And,
"Wow! I wonder what this wire does!"

And, of course, the obligatory self-portrait


I'm glad to have ended the day this way. I'm having some very tender feelings about my little guys right now. After the day today has been, I needed that!

I didn't feel like I could put any other family members' pictures up without their permission. That's what Facebook is for.  ;)   

Thanks for indulging me. It was fun to share.

All content and pictures on this blog belongs to Song of The Fat Lady and may not be copied or used without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment